Budget Requests for Fiscal Year 2018
Please note that dates are subject to change.
- Capital Funding
- Expense Funding
- Manhattan Delegation Funding
- Jewish Caucus Funding
- Cultural Development Funding
- Supplemental Application
Capital funds support an organization's physical infrastructure. Capital funds, at a minimum, are limited to projects costing $35,000.00 and above and with a useful service life of at least 5 years.
To apply for capital funds from the City Council, you must complete and submit the forms by close of business Friday, March 24, 2017 at the following link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/capgrants/capgrants.html
Please note that this application is only for private, non-profit organizations.
Expense funds support an organization’s operating or programmatic work. Expense funding requests must have a minimum cost of $5,000.00.
To apply for expense funds, you must complete and submit all of the following:
1. The supplemental funding request application using the form at the bottom of the this page by Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
2. The City Council's Organization Qualification Form available on the Council's website by Tuesday, February 21, 2017. The documents at the end of this application (some of which will require notarization) must be mailed to:
NYC Council, Chief Compliance Officer
250 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10007
3. The HHS Accelerator Prequalification Form, if you are applying for more than $10,000 in total Council expense funding. The Application is valid for 3 years, as long as the organization submits proof on an annual basis to HHS Accelerator that they are in good standing with the Charities Bureau and the IRS. After three years, organizations will need to re-apply for prequalification to HHS Accelerator.
Funding through borough delegations is also available with similiar criteria as district requests. Please see the following supplemental aplications for further details:
For additional delegation specific guidelines please follow this link.
Funding through the caucus is available following similiar criteria as district requests. Please see the following supplemental aplications for further details:
The Cultural Development Fund application is available at the link here. This application is required for cultural organizations seeking initiative funding via CASA, SU-CASA, or the Cultural Immigrant Initiative or wish use the DCLA as their contracting agency for discretionary funds.
This application is closed for the FY18 budget cycle.